This is my favorite time of the year! I love the fall weather, fresh fruits and vegetables, and festivities. I have been known to drive all the way to Wilcox, Arizona, for the Rex Allen Days apple festival just to eat! In my defense I was 5 months prego and craving! They have lots of apple orchards and acres of various crops. They have the most delicious pink lady apples. We took a hayride to pick apples and our pumpkins. Ed and I would love to someday have time to plant our own.
I was not able to make it to Wilcox this year. My friends Mark and Shirley Dunne, who own a cabin there, brought me back a box of my favorite pink ladies! I knew I couldn't eat the whole box, so I decided to make apple pie filling and can it. Now I could enjoy it all year! I also bought some cherries and wonderful peaches from Utah. I made cherry pie filling and peach jam and canned those as well. I hope you all had a wonderful fall and happy Thanksgiving!